One essential aspect of any baby shower are the games that you play. There are all kinds of games you can play from complex theme orientated baby shower games to simple generic games.
Your typical baby shower will have a mixture of both physical games such as ‘the cotton ball game’ and games that require you to think such as baby shower family feud.
Twenty great questions!
The answers to each question is italicized and the letter to each answer is marked with a hyphen in the beginning.
01. How big is a baby’s head in relation to its body after it’s born?
A. 1/18 the size of the body
-B. one quarter the size of the body
C. 1/2 the size of the body
02. In South Africa, what are diapers referred to?
03. Who was the first ever baby used as the Gerber baby?
A. Shirley McClain
-B. Ann Turner
C. Lucille Ball
04. How do you say ‘baby’ in Japanese?
A. Kuma chan
-B. Aka chan
C. Baba chan
05. What is the age on record for the oldest woman to be pregnant on earth?
A. 71 years
B. 88 years
-C. 66 years
06. What is the scientific term for when an egg and a sperm unite?
A. lucid transmittance
07. What is the weight of the heaviest baby ever on record?
A. 19 pounds 2 ounces
B. 36 pounds
C. 24 pounds 2 ounces
-D. 23 pounds 12 ounces
E. 37 pounds 1 ounces
F. 26 pounds 8 ounce
08. How many months before an infant’s eye color is fixed?
-A. 6-9 months
B. 2-4 months
C. 5-7 months
09. How many bones does a newborn have?
10. When do babies typically begin to recognize themselves in the mirror?
A. within the first three months
B. between 5 and 15 months of age
-C. between 9 and 24 months of age
11. Which sense is developed first in newborns?
12. When does a baby start to smile socially?
A. after one year
B. 2-5 months
-C. 4-8 weeks
D. 7-8 months
13. Excluding medical cost, how much does it cost on average to raise a child for the first year in the USA?
14. How long does it take on average for a man to change a diaper on a newborn?
A. 45 seconds flat!
B. 2 minutes
C. 1 minutes 7 seconds
-D. 1 minute 36 seconds
15. What is the essential ingredient in a diaper cake?
A. lavender chocolate
B. matcha tea cream
D. vanilla extract
16. Newborns don’t have this body part:
17. What is the word for mother in Japanese?
18. Which evil mythological character is kept at a bay with a lullaby?
A. The boogie man
19. Which oldies music group came up with the the hit song “Baby Love?”
-A. The Supremes
B. The Ronettes
C. The Chantels
20. How do you say ‘little girl’ in Spanish?
Make your own trivia games
These trivia questions are just the tip of the iceberg. You can create and make your own trivia questions by looking around in baby related medical sites and by asking your doctor about baby related facts and figures.
But that’s not all, another great idea you can implement is to use your baby shower theme as the focus for your trivia questions.
If you’re having a Winnie the Pooh baby shower theme then you can create trivia questions around topics such as the hundred acre woods, Christopher Robin, Tigger, Piglet and the other Winnie the Pooh characters.
If you’re having a monkey baby shower theme then you can use all sorts of trivia questions that are related to primates, orangutans, gorillas, monkeys etc…
The sky truly is a limit when it comes to creating your own trivia questions for your baby shower game.
Please feel free to add more trivia questions in the comments section below or if you want to share your insights about organizing this kind of baby shower game then please share also. Thank you and have a great day.