Aloha everybody, are you looking to create a luau baby shower? If so, you’ve come to the right place to find Hawaiian-inspired theme ideas that your guests will absolutely love!
You might think that creating this type of event is difficult and complex but in actuality it’s really very simple.
In this post I’m going to give you all the information and resources you need to create the best Hawaiian baby shower imaginable.
Hawaiian Baby Shower Ideas
First thing you need to figure out is your party space. You essentially want an area with big windows and wood floors to give it that breezy Hawaiian feel. Also, if you live in an area with a steady warm and tropical climate like Miami, you might want to have your baby shower outside.
After you figure out your party space, you will need to pick a color pattern for your theme. Hawaii is usually identified with these bright colors:
- Golden Yellow
You should pick three from the colors above to work with. Blue, red and Golden Yellow is a great combination for your event!
There are hundreds of party supply stores (online & locally) that carry Hawaiian-related goods from palm leaves to leis. You are going to want to decorate your table with palm leaves or a simple linen tablecloth with a simple flower print design.
The main star of your table should be your food, we’ll talk about that more later on :-).
If you happen to have a surf board or posters that depict tropical nature then you should decorate your party space with them.
Games – Here are some really exciting baby shower games that your guests will absolutely love:
- Pass The Coconut – this is played just like hot potato. Have your guests stand in a circle then pass the coconut around to Hawaiian music. Stop the music at anytime. The person holding the coconut when the music stops is eliminated. Continue this until there is one guest remaining.
- Hawaiian Musical Chairs – this is played just like regular musical chairs but with Hawaiian music. Have your chairs in a circle facing out, make sure you have enough chairs for all but one person. Play the music and stop it randomly. When the music stops everybody sits down. The person left standing is eliminated. Continue this until one guest remains.
- Hula Hoop Challenge – you can get hula hoops for extremely cheap at your local Walmart or Target. Have your guest use the hula hoop. The guest that lasts the longest is your winner.
- Hawaii Trivia – get online and gather facts about Hawaii then create flash cards with three multiple choice answers. Make sure you keep an answer key. The guest with the most correct answers wins.
If you want more games here are some great free printable baby shower games.
Food – okay, food is really important here. Of course you want to have finger foods because they are mobile and they keep people chatting. Here are some finder foods you should have:
- pineapple slices
- watermelon slices
- banana slices
- little almond joys
- pigs in a blanket
- deviled eggs
- spam slices with pineapples
Let’s not forget about the cupcakes. Some people like to make baby shower cakes but I think cupcakes look better (especially on a cupcake tower) and are easier to manage. Here are some great baby shower cupcake recipes.
Favors - usually I would recommend creating favors with cellophane bags. It’s super easy, affordable and it fits almost any theme.
But for this theme I recommend giving your guests leis at the entrance and a can of Spam with a ribbon around it, with a Spam related recipe attached to the bottom of the can. You can find many Spam related recipes online. Just print them out and attach them under each can.
Invitations – you could print out simple invitations by going to Google images and downloading the images you like. Then, type in the invitation information your guests need and send them out. You could also get your invitations here.
Luau Baby Shower Complete
That’s all you need to turn your baby shower into a good’ole fashion Hawaiian Luau. Just follow the ideas above. If you want to toy with some of the decor ideas then feel free to do so. I’m sure you and your guests will have a great time at the baby shower.
Make sure to share this tutorial and post with your friends and loved ones via Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. Thanks!
Tags: Hawaiian Luau