There are many things that go into baby shower decor.
One aspect of the baby shower that you might want to consider is the corsage. Believe it or not, baby shower corsages are moderately easy to create and make.
I’m sure you can buy one online but why spend that money when it can go into other decorations for the baby shower.
Another great advantage about creating your own baby shower corsage is that you can tailor it to your particular baby shower theme or to the gender of the child.
If the expecting couple knows that they are having a girl then you can make a lovely corsage with pink ribbons and pink pacifiers.
Likewise you can use blue ribbons and blue diaper pins if you know that the expecting mother is having a boy.
For Your Handmade Corsage
Here are some of the items you are going to need to create a corsage. These items are easy to get in any of your local arts and crafts stores around town. These items are also inexpensive compared to buying a pre made one.
- Large diaper pins
- Pacifiers (various colors)
- Curling ribbon (various colors)
- Satin ribbon – 1 inch
- Glitter paint
- Baby’s breath
Guide – how to make a baby shower corsage
1. Get yourself several pacifiers in your favorite colors so that you can design and create beautiful corsages. You are going to want the pacifiers to have rings and/or loops so that you can connect them to the corsages.
2. Next, you are going to want to create your bows with the satin ribbons that you got and tie them around the pacifier loop.
Later, you are going to be pinning the corsage through the ribbon so you will want the bow to be tied very tightly.
When you are done, the mouthpiece should be pointing/hanging down so tie the satin ribbon accordingly.
3. Arrange the other ribbons along the plastic ring of the pacifier. Make sure you curl them with scissors for a beautiful curly effect.
4. Step four is the creative part! Decorate the corsages any way you want to match the baby shower theme or whatever else you think will look nice. Here are some ideas:
- Add glitter or beads to the ribbons
- Use some baby breath
- Use the stickers to write on the corsages
- Paint the plastic part of the pacifier
5. Once you are all done, pin them (the corsages) to your guests using the diaper pins.
Now that you know how to make a baby shower corsage you will be able to add another beautiful decorative element to the baby shower.
As you can clearly see, they are easy to make and easy on the wallet. Everything you need is in this post and in the arts and crafts store in your neighborhood.
Please feel free to add any additional baby shower ideas in the comments section below. I am sure you all have great corsage ideas to contribute.
Thank you and talk to you soon.